Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mom's Banana Bread Recipe

I love this banana bread that my mom always makes, so I made some for myself last week and it is so good I cannot wait to make another loaf! I added pecans, but you can add whatever nut you prefer.

1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup mashed bananas (overripe)
2 eggs slightly beaten

In a large bowl with a fork mix first 5 ingredients. With pastry blender or 2 knives cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in bananas and eggs just until blended. You can stir in 1 cup of nuts. Spread batter evenly in a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 55 minute to 1 hour at 350F.

This is so good warm with butter! I hope you enjoy!

No comments: